Bereavement Support Groups
- Buddy's Purpose website - A local group supporting overdose awareness, offering family and addict support, and community education.
- Eluna Network website - Resources for children and families impacted by grief or addiction.
- Grief Share website - A friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life's most difficult experiences. You don't have to go through the grieving process alone.
- SLAP'D website - The purpose of SLAP'D is to connect teens online who have lost a parent. Resources include a discussion forum, articles and interviews from experts and teens and a personalized scrapbook where users can develop a memorial for their parent.
- GRASP Facebook Page - Facebook Forum for people experiencing the loss of a loved one to substance use.
- The Addict's Parents (TAP) United Survivors of Loss website - TAP United is a support system and advocacy group, comprised solely of members who have one or more children with the disease of addiction, and parents who have lost a child/adult child from this disease.
- WidowNet website - Provides news, articles, online forums, chat, book suggestions, and other resources.
- SUID Illinois website - Sudden Unexplained Infant Death (SUID) information.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) website - Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is more than just a bunch of angry moms. We're real people, moms, dads, young people, and other individuals just trying to make a difference. We are determined to stop drunk driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
- Parents of Murdered Children, Inc. website - The only national self-help organization dedicated solely to the aftermath and prevention of murder. They make a difference through ongoing emotional support, education, prevention, advocacy, and awareness.
- T*A*P*S The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors website - A national non-profit MILITARY bereavement support organization made up of, and providing services to, all those who have lost a loved one on 'active' duty with the U.S. Armed Forces. They also offer grief counseling referral, case worker assistance and crisis information, all available to help families and military personnel cope and recover. Don't miss their annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Bereaved Parents of the USA website - A nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families who are struggling to survive their grief after the death of a child.
- Online Course to Support Grieving website
Face-to-Face Support Groups
- OSF Hospital - Grief Support meeting Community Education Center rooms at OSF Centers for Health Streator on the 2nd Monday of each month from 4-5 pm and 4th Monday of each month from 1 to 2 pm. Contact: Kathy Steinz at 815-433-6090 for more information
- GRASP Illinois meeting locations website - For families experiencing the loss of a loved one due to substance use
- Survivors of Suicide Streator (SOS) - A support group for those who have lost a loved one to suicide. St Paul's Lutheran Church Streator, IL 61364. Contact by phone at 815-257-2979. 2nd Monday of the month: 7 pm to 8:30 pm. Call first for further information on the meeting entrance.