- Sheriff’s Office
- Provides law enforcement services to the residents of the County
- Running of the County’s Jail
- Patrols the unincorporated county 24 hours/7 days a week
- Provides security for the Judicial Circuit Court and screening for County buildings
- Serves warrants, summonses, orders of protection, and other legal documents
Civil Process Division
Foreclosures, tax notices, replevin, levies, subpoena’s, orders, OP’s wage deductions, garnishments, notices and more. See details, contacts and price schedule.
LaSalle County Jail
LaSalle County Jail is classed as a medium security facility used by the jurisdictions of La Salle County to confine inmates for short periods while awaiting trial or processing. Get details and visitation information.
First Documented LaSalle County Sheriff
George Elmore Walker
LaSalle County Sheriff from 1831 to 1834
George E. Walker, son of Dr. David Walker, came here from the East in 1827. His wife was Margaret Thomas of St. Clair county. She died in 1848. Mr. Walker became a very prominent character in the affairs of Ottawa. When he first came he traded with the Indians; he was a captain of scouts in the Blackhawk war, and was the first sheriff of La Salle county. He passed away in 1874, after a successful career as a merchant.